Friday, January 4, 2013

We Are Born - So Live

Last night I had the opportunity to see the movie Lincoln for the second time. Lincoln is one of the greatest movies of 2012. The first time I saw this movie I felt like I was watching General Conference. The second time, I picked up on things I hadn't the first time. Such a powerful movie. Sure, it was long and stuff, but I'm all about getting the deeper meanings and changing my life now so I enjoyed every word Lincoln said.

Every line in the movie is profound. Half of you are saying, "I slept through every line of this movie."

Abe Lincoln- "Do you think we choose the times into which we are born? Or do we fit the times we are born into?"

Lincoln asks this to the man who is sending out the messages to General Grant. The man answers something to the effect of, "I don't think I was chosen for this time, but you maybe."

This got me to thinking. I wonder if I chose to come at this time, or if I am fit for the time I am born into. I do believe in God, and I do believe in His great plan no doubt. I wonder how much say I had into being born in 1988. I wonder how much say I had in choosing my family. I wonder how much say a child in Africa has in choosing their family. I wonder how much control we had in choosing to come when we came or the situations we have been born in to.

This much I do know. We are here now, and we are born into the lives we have been born in to. But we have so we can control. We are here. We are here in the here and now-- so let's live!

No comments:

Post a Comment