Thursday, January 24, 2013

That's what friends are for

For good times. And bad times.

So I remember watching this video over ten years ago live, and I just thought of it again tonight. I remember watching the first season of AI with my closest family friends in San Diego. 


That week in San Diego I needed friends "for good times."

This week I needed friends "for bad times."

But hey, that's what friends are for. 

I'm not writing this for sympathy, or anything like that. I'm just writing this to remind myself that this truly is what friends are for. Sure, maybe it's a cheesy American Idol video, but I remember watching it years ago, and the words have stuck with me for so long.

I am grateful for the friends I have, especially during the times I really need them.

I know that God is so aware of me. I know that He is aware of you too. Many of the prayers that I have needed answered have been through close friends. Ask God who you can go to for these times. 

"...may we have the pure love of Christ for our fellow travelers in this journey through life." -Thomas S. Monson


No comments:

Post a Comment