Thursday, January 31, 2013

Ask Questions

James 1:5

"If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upraideth not; and it shall be given him."

Do we believe this? For real? Is this a joke?

Here's why I ask. I  have been questioning a lot of things lately. (No, I'm not going apostate, so don't freak out.)

I took some good notes on Dieter F. Uchtdorf's talk a few weeks ago when he spoke at the CES Fireside. One thing I remember is that he said, "the truth will set you free."

I believe this. I really do! I ask so many questions now. I think it annoys some of my friends, but if it's truth, and if it's God's truth, then it's true.

Thank goodness for faith, but thank goodness for that scripture in James also! God encourages us to ask if we lack wisdom. We have a question? Ask. We have a concern? Ask.

The trick is to always move forward in faith, while waiting for the answer. I think I'll go to the grave with some of my questions unanswered. (Man, that dinosaur question is just a stumper isn't it?) But that doesn't concern me. I'll keep asking, and maybe one day it'll be revealed to me. (No, not the dinosaur question. Other questions. Questions that matter).

For the answers I have received, I need to kind of remember to quit asking. I don't want to be that badgering child that asks God the same question over and over and over and over again.

"Did I not speak peace to your mind concerning the matter? What greater witness can you have than from God?"- D&C 6:23

Ask questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment